Feedback and comments from some of our current CityWatch members.
28 January, 2020 by Website Admin
Welcome to the January 2020 Citywatch CCTV...
26 October, 2019 by Website Admin
Welcome to the Autumn 2019 Citywatch CCTV...
11 January, 2019 by Website Admin
Welcome to the first Citywatch CCTV Northern...
Safe Shopping Advice
Don't give pickpockets a chance ...Read More
Stay safe by taking simple precautions ...
Citywatch CCTV Northern Ireland currently monitor 138 cameras in Lisburn, Moira and Hillsborough in Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area; Ballynahinch, Downpatrick and Newcastle in Newry Mourne & Down District Council area; and Dunmurry in Belfast City Council area.
Our main purposes are:
- To combat crime and anti-social behaviour in the areas monitored.
- To assist in preventing, thwarting and discouraging criminal and anti-social behaviour.
- To provide a secure and safe environment for members of the public.
- To promote public awareness of the nature of the problems existing in the area with a view to enhancing vigilance, prevention and ultimately the detection and apprehension of offenders
- To promote maximum co-operation between the Police, the general public and retailers/businesses
- To reduce loss and enhance profitability in the areas monitored
- To attract visitors and commerce by creating a safe and attractive shopping and cultural environment
In 2016 we carried out a Retail Crime survey in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area and in September 2017 the Retail Crime Strategy was launched along with Retail Crime Reduction guide and Self-Assessment Checklist for local businesses.
In late 2018, in partnership with Lisburn Policing & Community Safety Partnership and Lisburn PSNI Crime Prevention will run monthly clinics across the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area whereby local businesses and retailers will be encouraged to attend to receive important information on retail crime and advice.
Alderman James Tinsley Details
Evan Morton Details
Karen Marshall Details
Martin Busch Details
Councillor Alan Givan Details
Steven Pollock Details
Philip Dean Details
Simon Walsh Details